A stargazing night is one of many things to do when you are visiting the Gingin region. This delightful area is only a short one hour's drive north of Perth. That means there’s less time driving and more time to holiday, relax and have fun! Gingin is a perfect day trip from Perth and if you decide to stay on for a night or two, there’s plenty to see and do. So why not make a weekend of it?!
5 - 15 MINUITES AWAY FROM THE OBSERVATORY........
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD:
- Amirage Restaurant and B&B -( 08 95757646) ( Food & Accommodation)
1654 Gingin Brook Road (T intersection at end Military Road), Gingin West. FULLY LICENCED. 2.3acres of picturesque Gardens, large billabong with fountain , 100 year old magnificent Black Butt Trees, Australian animals and plenty of bird life. 60 plus seated restaurant with alfresco dining , Available for special functions.
- Brookside Budget Accommodation and Chalets (08 9575 7585)
Is great for small groups and families. It has self-contained chalets looking out over nearby farmland.
A great getaway for families or small groups. It is located on the banks of the Moore River in a peaceful rural setting.
Provides accommodation for 1 - 14 persons plus van sites. Sandy Lake Farm B & B (1 - 8), or Abbeys Cottage (4 - 6), or BYO caravan. Choose all or either farm-stay accommodation nestled in acres of gardens, scenic lake views, farm animals (cattle + sheep) plus excellent country hospitality. Wide open spaces, plenty of stars, selection of landscapes ideal for photography enthusiasts. Observatory special in Abbeys cottage. Bookings ph:0428288422
- Willowbrook Caravan Park- (08 9575 7566) 1679 Gingin Brook Road, WA 6503
Welcomes caravans and campers. If staying Saturday night, don't forget to enjoy freshly yummy home baked scones, jam and cream free as a special treat by the management on Sunday morning!
- Woollybush Guest House - (08 9577 1909)
Is an adults only retreat where you can relax and recharge. Different packages are available to spoil yourself.
40-50 MINS AWAY FROM THE OBSERVATORY......
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD:
- Ledge Point Accommodation Service (08 9655 2454) U33/2 Robertson Road, Ledge Point WA 6043
- Ledge Point Holiday Park (9655 2870) www.ledgepointholidaypark.com.au 742 Ledge Point Road, Ledge Point WA 6043
For FUN ACTIVITIES THESE NEXT SCHOOL HOLIDAYS visit these places nearby:
- Gravity Discovery Centre - right next door open 10am - 4pm Tuesday to Friday 10am to 5pm Sat - Sunday and open Mondays during School and open Public Holidays (Ph: 9575 7577)
- Gravity Discovery's Centre's -Stargazers Cafe- contact for bookings.
- Caladenia Mini Golf & Le Shed Café (0438 757 708).
The café is BYO licenced and the kids will love the animals!
- West Coast Honey(08 9575 1250)
There’s free honey tasting and lots of natural honey products to buy. In season, you can also view the honey extraction process!
- 1300 Trail Rides Horse Riding
ACCOMMODATION ONLY 25 MINUITES AWAY FROM THE OBSERVATORY.......
The town of Gingin is beautifully set alongside Gingin Brook. Quaint old stone buildings and a lush park on the water give a village atmosphere. There’s a variety of accommodation and places to eat to choose from. In town there’s:-
- Cu In the Park - 089575338- Food
Dine inside or out in this lovely setting and browse the quaint but different gift shop while you wait.
The Gingin Hotel was built in 1902 and 1903 and the two storey brick building was officially opened on January 29th ,1903. Nestled into the valleys to the north of Perth , it is the ideal distance from the capital foa a day trip and is a popular stop off for tourists heading north. The hotel was allegedly built for two defrocked Irish priests who enjoyed their evening drink! It is now an excellent venue for small conferences, weddings, trade shows and weekend retreats. The hotel offers excellent range of draught beers and fine wine list and meals are available Phone: (08 9575 2214) Website: www.ginginhotel.com.au
- Jessie’s Cottage(08 9575 1701).
Just outside of the town of Gingin in semi-rural settings are:-
- Deepdale Lodge (08 9575 3175),
- Crestview Accommodation (0400 798 430),
- Gingin Caravan Park (08 9575 2258)
- Runner’s Rest (08 9575 1414).
Wine growing country and just 5 minutes from Gingin :-
- Riseborough Estate and Art Gallery (08 9575 1211).
A fabulous venue to relax and taste local wine and regional foods.
Bindoon / Chittering Valley
- Orchard Glory Farm Resort ( 0895762888)
Guilderton/ Moore River
On the mouth of the Moore River - Guilderton is tranquil with the double delight of river and beach! Holiday home service providers include:-
- Branchy’s Holiday Homes - (08 9577 1321),
- Guilderton Accommodation Services - (08 9577 1284),
- Moore River Beach Houses - (08 9272 9840)
Also the very popular
- Back to Nature Caravan Park - (08 96553025) 679 Cowalla Road,Wanerie, WA 6503
- Guilderton Caravan Park - (08 9577 1021) Dewar Street, Guilderton
Nearby town of Seabird there are also some great holiday homes (0428 922 301).
Wanneroo - Wanneroo Road
The Leaps Frog Cafe Restaraunt is almost on the cnr of Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive on your right hand side coming out from the freeway headed towards Wanneroo road / Indian Ocean Drive.
- Leaps Frog Cafe Restaraunt (08 9206 4077) 25 Drovers Pl , Wanneroo WA 6065
There’s much more to see and do in Yanchep
Yanchep National Park
Known as Perth's natural and cultural meeting place, Yanchep National Park is one of Perths's oldest and most popular national parks. Experience a bushland haven whilst is home to Koalas, Kangaroos, and an abundance of other native animals and plants. Take a part in a guided tour of the Crystal Cave, or in one of the Aboriginal cultural experiences, enjoy a barbecue in the scenic grounds or take a stroll or hike on one of the many walks and trails.
- Yanchep Inn ( In Yanchep National Park ) ( Food) Bookings phone 95611001 - Open 7 days a week for breakfast , lunch & dinner with full & extensive Ala Carte menu from 11am daily. Dinner and Bed and Breakfast Packages Available
- Oscars ( Restaurant) - ( 08 9561 2006) Atlantia Shopping Centre, Enterprise Ave, Two Rocks WA 6037
- Blue Dolphin Restaurant and Coffee Shop - ( 08 9561 1469) Shop 18 Two Rocks Shopping Centre WA 6037
- Lancelin Caravan Park - (08 9655 1056) Hopkins Street , Lancelin WA 6044
- Lancelin North End Caravan Park - (08 9655 1115) 28 Bootoo Street, Lancelin WA 6044
More local accommodation and tourism information .