WELCOME TO THE GINGIN OBSERVATORY, COME ALONG AND VIEW OUR SPECTACULAR NIGHT SKIES THROUGH OUR TELESCOPES AND LEARN ALL ABOUT OUR VAST UNIVERSE !
Have you ever gazed up into the night sky and wanted to know more about the mysteries that lay within the darkness? At the Gingin Observatory just a glance through a powerful telescope and some wisdom from our night sky enthusiasts can unlock at least some of the secrets of the universe we live in. This is just one of the facinating facts you'll walk away with thanks to our astronomers who are on hand to answer your questions and reveal what you're seeing through the telescopes. You will learn about " galactic cannibalism".... apparently big galaxies are rather partial to smaller ones and are prone to gobble them up! There are also planets ....Saturn; Mars or Jupiter at specific times of the year, It's enough to make your mind boggle so come along and join us for and entertaining evening and see and learn about some of the great wonders of our beautiful and brilliant Universe!.
At the Gingin Observatory visitors experience the wonders of space by viewing through our telescopes, engaging with astronomers and by interacting during a big screen presentation that highlights our beautiful universe. Our telescopes take you hurtling back in time revealing space as it was thousands years ago. If you're viewing a star that is 5000 light years away then you are actually seeing the light from that star as it was 5000 thousand years ago because that is how long it takes for that light to reach us here on Earth!
- GINGIN OBSERVATORY Astronomers took the world stage and helped locate & live feed the passing of ASTEROID 2012- DA14 to NASA and the rest of the world on February 16th 2013 . Over 9 million viewers all over the world watched this event happen from the Gingin Observatory. We are now in the history books of astronomy for Western Australia! ASTEROID_2012_DA14.pdf - SEE THE- Footage from Gingin Observatory. Thankyou to our Galaxy Team for all the time, effort & skill they put into achieving this incredible feat.. What a memorable adventure for all of us at the Gingin Observatory. Since then, the "Team" have gone on to be involved in other events in the Southern Hemisphere for NASA........WHAT'S NEXT keep an eye on our monthly newsletter.....
- We also want to say thankyou and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for 2015 to each and everyone of you out there who love Astronomy and the stars , because each of us are all part of being a star here on planet Earth! Thankyou to again to our Galaxy Team - so apreciated .
- CHRISTMAS OFFICE BREAK: WE WILL BE CLOSED 24TH; 25TH; 26TH
- NEW YEAR OFFICE BREAK: WE WILL BE CLOSED 31ST DECEMBER TO 4TH JANUARY 2015.
(Both Observatory and our Office will be closed during these time ) for all bookings go to the latest events button at the bottom of this page.
- LOOK AND BOOK - Early payment discounted prices !!!! there is a UNIVERSAL treasure trove of discounted nights available you just have to find them and book ... Please Note: Our prices vary on the daytime Solar Viewing or Stargazing Evening events.
Online bookings are Easy: Check out the Events Calendar and make online booking by clicking on
Gingin Observatory is an Accredited Tourism Business and finalists in the 2010 and 2014 Western Australian Tourism Awards!