Welcome to The "Space Place" Observatory - In scenic town of Julimar in Toodyay , Western Australia, where the former Gingin Observatory is NOW located , not far from Perth.
We are a specialised Astronomy Experience, we are here to Teach & Inspire & Help people grow and the Night Sky is our classroom........
The Space Place Observatory shows off Julimar in Toodyay's one of Western Australia's most spectacular natural assets , our night skies, whilst visitors get to engage and experience the wonders of space by interacting during a night sky presentations that highlight our place in the Universe. With some wisdom from out night sky enthusiasts, engaging with our astronomer guides and viewing through our large telescopes, which can reveal and unlock at least some of the secrets of the universe we live in. These are just some of the fascinating facts you'll walk away with thanks to our astronomers who are on hand to answer your questions and reveal what you are seeing through the telescopes.
Stargazing events are conducted throughout the year
NB: As of the 1st of June you will be directed to our new website - please book from there for events from June 2016 through to Dec 2016 - go to The Space Place Observatory www.thespaceplace.com.au
We are just over one hours drive away from the bright city lights ,means dark night skies for wondrous views of stars, planets, galaxies and more. It is fun for the whole family.
We also have an "Space Place" shop or alternatively before the Sun goes down and the evening begins, you can meander through our Cartref Park Country Gardens.
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS : TUESDAY; FRIDAY; SATURDAY- MORNINGS 9 AM TO 12 NOON ( please leave a message and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible Thank-you ) or alternatively please contact us via email.
- EVENTS COMING UP!! - for further information why not check out our monthly Newsletter sign up now
- JULIMAR ,TOODYAY - where the night skies are brilliant no light pollution!! For further details BOOK NOW , or subscribe to our newsletter which is sent out each month. See you with the Stars! "Just Gotta Love Astronomy"
- LOOK AND BOOK - Early payment discounted prices !!!! there is a UNIVERSAL treasure trove of discounted nights available you just have to find them and book ... Please Note: Our prices vary on the daytime Solar Viewing or Stargazing Evening events
- HOW TO REDEEM YOUR Stargazing Gift VOUCHER:To Redeem your gift voucher or any type of voucher or RAC discounts and Companion Card discounts - please - email us a copy of your voucher with a contact telephone number and a suitable date you would like to come along to the Observatory.
- SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OPENING TIMES - please go to our Calendar of Bookings and Events for further information.
- LIVING SOCIAL / OUFFER / CUDO Vouchers - 10th March 2016 expiry date but due to such a great demand we have now extended vouchers. For further information please email us as below....
How Do I Redeem My Voucher ? - Please email your voucher with the redemption code & your contact telephone number and a suitable Friday nights ONLY you would like to book. Once we have this information only then can we proceed with your booking. ( please browse our website for places to eat and stay overnight ).
On-line Bookings are Easy:
Check out the Events Calendar
and make On-line Bookings
The "Space Place" ( formerly Gingin Observatory)
"Cartref Park " Julimar , Toodyay WA .
Phone: +61 8 95757740
Gingin Observatory is an Accredited Tourism Business and finalists in the 2010 and 2014 Western Australian Tourism Awards!